Tuesday, October 21, 2008

October sweeps

October

Thanks to all of you nice blogpals for the very kind well wishes. I wish I could send you all some yarn. Wait, don't look at my Ravelry stash, because technically I could...but I'm on a new 'austerity plan' these days and if I go down financially, it sure as hell isn't going to be on postage. You know I'm probably not taking this new plan very seriously if I already have quotes around it, but supposedly marriage is about compromise and not remaining in a permanent adolescent mode where want and need are collapsed into the same thing. This is what I am told. But you didn't click on this blog to read about all that, now did you?


Peeper-Lou has chosen two winners from the long list of commenters. And she has done so based strictly on geographical location. Being from Alaska has its advantages, and so Alli from Knitosauras is the winner of the Koigu. Check out her blog because she has a pair of Koolhaas hats that are true stunners. The winner of the Lorna's Laces Argyle is Sarah from A Girl's Life, a Minnesota knitblogger and brand new to boot! Show her some love. She was chosen because "she lives near Grandma". Yes, we are parochial around this joint.

Stay tuned for a series of killer FOs, people. If October were sweeps month in blog land, I'd be blowing the lid off the Nielsen ratings! But as "Grandma" says, "...that and a dime will get you a cup of coffee."

10 comments:

KeanaLee said...

Congrats to the winner! I can't wait to see your fo's........I will quietly anticipate their unavailing!

knithound brooklyn said...

Wait. Yarn purchases don't count. I mean, it costs less than clothes, right? And it becomes clothing eventually. That's economical!

Dove Knits said...

Is that what marriage is about?

...crap...

nicole said...

Congrats winners! (too bad Grandma doesn't live in Canada though)

I'm with you on the whole "austerity" plan. Let's see how long it lasts...

Stephanie said...

Congratulations to the winners! And can't wait to see your FO series. I'm excited.

Larissa said...

You're going to shame me with all your finished knitting. Oh, and I had a friend whose grandma used to say to him (with old lady Texas accent) "AWD Stanley, Another Wasted Day."

nova said...

I wish I could say that my FO parade would be like October sweeps. At best, I might have an autumn trickle...

alligator said...

Aha! I knew there was some reason I lived in Alaska!

Thanks for reminding me. Today is rather typical (sadly) but quite awful weather-wise.

It is currently about 40 degrees and raining but there is a wind advisory in effect because the wind is blowing 20-30mph with 50 mph gusts!!!
Did I mention that I work outside?

I can't wait to make warm wooly socks with the koigu, I need them! Thanks so much for the contest and the great blog, it is so fun to visit!

Jodi said...

Sounds like Peeper-Lou has a thing for northern states! Congrats to the winners.

BTW, I gave you an "I love your blog" award. These things are silly, but it's very nice to discover new blogs this way.

WonderMike said...

Oh, Honey!!! Just be thankful you haven't started SPINNING yet. It's a super duper slippery slope.