Thursday, March 02, 2006

Klaralund=mental illness


There are times when I wish I were still on Wellbutrin, Effexor and esp. Zoloft (GOD I loved Zoloft). You name it. I'd start huffing Comet right now if I thought it would take the pain away. Let me just say that Klaralund is a mind numbing endeavor that is pushing me to the brink of insanity. The process of sleeve completion is forcing me to question everything around me. I'm asking questions I've never asked myself before like "..do I really enjoy knitting?". Yes, it's THAT bad. Somehow the sleeves have propelled me into an Alice in Wonderland-like dimension where time is distorted and doesn't correspond to any familiar sense of reality. Example: knitting for an hour and a half at mach speed and only making an inch of progress...help. This is bad. Also, the pattern calls for the 'extended garter stitch'--whatever the hell that is--to me it just looks like you made a bunch of mistakes and kept trying to get it right. I'm going to visit the inlaws this weekend in Northern NJ and am determined to come back to PA with both sleeves finished or else...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SLAP!

Hold it together, woman!!

They're just damn sleeves! Knit one, pearl twice as fast!

Just get it done and those crazy voices in your head will quiet down....

...until the next project: Baby legwarmers!!

Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

So you're saying that if and when I attempt anything with sleeves, it should be while taking zoloft (as is currently the case) or should I just stick to non-sleeved items. At any rate… what ever you do… don't drive yourself crazy… good with it!