Saturday, March 18, 2006

Sock therapy...


I'm still on a small side project detour that I have to say I am truly enjoying...Above you will see the second of a pair of socks that were started, let's just say, at a previous moment in time. The yarn is the most beautiful sock yarn I've yet to work with, Mountain Colors Bearfoot. This particular color is called Ruby River and is gorgeous. Sometimes I just sit and contemplate its most perfect form, a type of devotion I usually reserve for certain loveable Sanrio Characters. I have also recently started the 'Cables in Chamonix' sweater from the Yarn Girls Guide to Beyond the Basics book. Why this sweater? Well, being a French teacher and all and having a love for all things après-ski, this sweater just screamed Catherine Deneuve in 'Belle de Jour' so OF COURSE I'm doing it. It gives me an opportunity to explore my recent cable-obsession as well as knit with my favorite (discontinued!) Rowan yarn of all time, Cork.

4 comments:

Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

What a gorgeous colour, I love the soft subtle striping. Reds are my favourite! I've bought the yarn for my first pair of socks, but I keep getting side tracked with other projects.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the socks you're doing, the color is absolutely gorgeous indeed! And yep, I can't wait to see some progress photos of your sweater!
Have fun knitting, and best wishes from Austria!

Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence on my blog--I love your blog too! Especially the ADD part--I can totally relate! I can't say enough how much I LOVE the colour of your socks!! FleeceArtist has a great Merino Sock kit and it comes in a variety of self striping shades but I'm going to have to look for Mountain Colours Bearfoot in Canada, see if any of the local stores stock it becasue it is LOVELY!

Annie said...

I love your stuff. I can completely relate to putting projects away to save your own sanity. Been there, done that already. On the good side, I did just finish a sweater that I had tossed into the corner a year ago. Can't remember the problem but it looks pretty good now. I'm happy to see another ADDer join the ranks of knitters.