Saturday, February 25, 2006

Klaralund : kicking my flabby white ass


Well, the baby socks are done (if you look closely they sort of vaguely look like a pair, but it's the thought that counts, right? RIGHT?!!) and represented a much needed break from the tedium of the Klaralund sleeve. Mary Mother of God, make it END!! I've only got 12 inches of one sleeve and have an entire other one to do. The Lone Knitter had a great suggestion: why not switch out the baby socks for my Knitting Olympics project and call it a day? Believe me, it's tempting for sure...but a deal is a deal, right? So I soldier on, even though my new project--the Hourglass sweater in Karabella Aurora 8 in fuschia--is all set, swatched and ready to go. Added enticement: my best pal Babs and I are doing it together. But she has her own sleeve debacle to deal with at the moment...Obviously I'm DOA for the Olympic Deadline, but being an academic I've set my sights on finishing the sweater "during Spring Break". Yes, spring break, that magical expanse of time when all is made right: drawers are cleaned, papers are graded, dietary excesses are corrected and unfinished knitting projects are completed. Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Lone Knitter said...

I love your baby socks, and I admire your ability to be graceful about finished your KO project after the KO deadline. I need to learn from your example.

Anonymous said...

You are the Bode Miller of Olympic Knitting! You're bad ass, make your own rules, and you don't come home with a medal!

Just kidding.

If there really was a Knitting Olympics, this project would be the Skeleton. Not gonna get you on the Wheaties box, but at least you can say you're an Olympian!

They're super cute by the by....

Rissa said...

They are so very cute! :-D