Friday, March 31, 2006

OK, this can't be good...


The inchoate mess you see pictured above is what's remaining on the ball of my (beloved, discontinued!) Maratona. I'm not quite sure how I got here, but there you have it--one giant mess. As we say in Minnesota: Uff-da!!Pulling the loose strand from the middle seemed like a good idea at the time...In any case, I've got other more pressing issues to address as I knit up the Union Square Poncho from Weekend Knitting. My use of the expression 'Knit up' is rather misleading as it would seem to imply a quick, effortless even casual action--which is not at all what the Union Square poncho experience has been to say the least. It is taking f-o-r-e-v-e-r...and patience is not my strong suit.
What you see pictured above is only about 8 inches, and being the size queen that I am, 8 inches just isn't enough! I've been working on this project off and on since mid-January and can't imagine this ever becoming a poncho. A tea cozy, maybe. Or a cape for my cat...but a poncho? Ponchos will have gone out of style (not that they were every really in style, but let's move on), come back in style and gone out once more by the time I get this completed. How does the sound of Union Square Scarf grab you?

1 comment:

Karen said...

Ack, I know those tangled yarn masses well . . . once had one that took almost two hours to untangle. I love the "poncho", it's coming out beautiful . . . . but if you hate knitting it I guess there's no sense in trying to force it into a whole poncho. It would make a lovely scarf or wrap though.