Saturday, March 29, 2008

Have Jitterbug Will Travel

Have Jitterbug Will Travel
Every knitter knows that the single most important decision to be made when faced with a trip to another continent is not window or aisle, has nothing to do with whether to make your Duty Free lipstick choices on the way there or coming back, and doesn't involve stressing about the grim exchange rate. No, the most important decision has everything to do with which in-flight knitting projects will win the lottery and accompany you on your journey.
Luckily this question has been resolved for me by my copycat ways. Last week I saw Janet's most recent acquisition of the Colinette Jitterbug color that is taking the nation by storm: 'Vincent's Apron' (right) and so naturally I had to order it right away. Wouldn't going to the South of France and not taking 'Vincent's Apron' seem like a missed opportunity for something really great? And why get only one skein of yarn if you're paying shipping? So 'Wasabi Squeeze' (left) is coming along for the ride as well.
Project-wise I'm keeping-it-simple-stupid and planning on two not-too-complicated sock patterns. I was thinking about only bringing the Chevron scarf and only working on that for an entire week, but then I reconsidered when I realized that I actually want to enjoy my trip...Both these skeins are the most exciting shades of Megan's beloved yellow imaginable, and I hope upon my return I have some very exciting socks to show for all my worrying and careful planning.

26 comments:

Denise said...

I love those colors. Hope you get lots of knitting in, and enjoy your trip.

Theresa said...

I always take way more knitting than I could ever do, worried that I'll "run out."

sophanne said...

I'm so relieved you enhanced your stash.

Anonymous said...

Those colors are so happy! Have a great trip.

weezalana said...

Well of course you have to take "Vincent's Apron." If ever there was a colorway that sounded like it belonged in Paris, that would be it!

nicole said...

First you make me green with envy because work is paying you to go to the South of France. Now you dangle Vincent's Apron in front of our noses.

Je crois que tu commences à me faire chier!

Bon voyage, chanceuse ;)

peaknits said...

OMG - I got the same looking package from purl yesterday - with Vincent's Apron inside - luscious! Can't wait to see what you will make.

Jennie said...

Great traveling companions! They are gonna be some pretty socks.

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful trip, A.D.D. Knitter. We all miss you already! Love!

YawnOver said...

Colinette Jitterbug is my favorite sock yarn, hands down...or is it feet down? No matter, it is fabu either way :)

Yarnhog said...

Much better choice than the men's cabled sweater (knit in the round) that I took with me to France during a summer heat wave.

Kirsten said...

The project planning for a trip is one of my favorite parts.
Have a fantastic time!!!!!

Jess said...

Oh man both of those colors are ridiculously amazing. I must have them. I must.
I also enjoy planning my knitting for trips. Its part of the adventure, and every time you look at the finished piece it reminds you of your trip!
Have fun!

Alison said...

Looks like the sock love is back- woohoo!
Have a great time (mumbled with jealous undertones...)

Happy knitting-
ali

Kim said...

Excellent travel project choices. I am so in love with Vincent's Apron. I may have to take th esubway up to Purl to get some! Enjoy your trip!

Unknown said...

Have a fantastic time!! But going to the South of France, who wouldn't?

Jessica said...

Have a fantastic trip! You made good yarn choices, but I'm sure there must be a cute little yarn shop there somewhere to help you out if things go bad. ;)

Karen said...

Great project choices!! Enjoy your trip!

Anonymous said...

Have fun on your trip! Enjoy the beautiful yarn!!

schrodinger said...

Beautiful colours!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see all that lovely yellow all knitted up, and all the yarns that will be sharing the ride back with them!

a friend to knit with said...

oh yes. airplane knitting. :) the perfect choices.
have a fabulous time on your trip!!

Robin said...

Totally agree on the knitting project choice being of the utmost importance! Have a great time!

Knittymuggins said...

Hope the trip was fantastic and I so can't wait to see what you bring back with you (knitting & experience-wise)!

knittymuggins

Alison said...

Are you having fun yet?!

Still slightly green with envy...

Happy knitting-
ali

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful trip. Your new yarn acquisitions are beautiful and will lovely as socks.