Tuesday, November 24, 2009

NOT a Twilight Post

Bella's Mittens in Ella Rae Kamelsoft
For the record, I do not endorse the vision of masochistic love promulgated by the Twilight franchise, however these mittens are totes cute!
Bella's Mittens in Ella Rae Kamelsoft
Specs:
Pattern: Bella's Mittens by Marielle Henault
Yarn: Ella Rae Kamelsoft in maroon, two skeins exactly.
Needles: size 8
Mods: none
Bella's Mittens in Ella Rae Kamelsoft
This is a fun, fast project that results in a pair of giant gauntlet-esque mittens. If you weren't working on say 12 projects at once you could most definitely finish these in a day or two. In my recent sweater knitting extravaganza I seem to have forgotten the secret to a balanced knitting life: equilibrium can only be maintained when there are a proportionate number of small accessories vs. large projects on the needles--these smaller projects seem to provide the light at the end of the tunnel when you need it most.
Bella's Mittens in Ella Rae Kamelsoft
Next up for me: my Vestvember project and a family funtimes photo shoot! Stay tuned...

21 comments:

kim said...

They are vamptastic!

Anna said...

They look really cute and cozy!

Anonymous said...

I love your Twilight mittens. Im making a pair right now, I was hoping to have them finished to wear when I went to see New Moon but I wasn't able to finish them in time. Oh well, it was too warm to wear them that night anyway.

Anonymous said...

Lovely! I need to make me some of those :)

Sarah said...

So true -- those quick and dirty projects are a real sanity saver when all you're working on is big projects that never seem to end. Love your mittens! I made a pair of these last winter, but the yarn I used really wasn't thick enough, so they're not particularly warm. I think I need to make another pair that will actually be functional.

Melissa said...

I love these and such a great color too!

knithound brooklyn said...

Really pretty mittens! I love the yarn you chose - I'm not familiar with it but it looks so wonderfully squooshy. Great color, too!

grumperina said...

These look seriously cushy.

Beverly said...

I plan to make a pair for my Twilight crazed niece. I bought gray yarn for them, but I may follow your lead and make them in a color--lime green is her favorite right now. I can always make them in gray for me!!

Michelle B said...

OHH I like that color very much! I have 1 of these mittens done, so I better ge tmy butt in gear and finish my 2nd!!

Jodi said...

Such cute mittens! What a bright spot of color.

I've missed out on all the Twilight hubbub, but I can embrace the Bella mittens.

Kim said...

Nothing masochistic about those mitts. Masochistic love indeed! I saw New Moon and felt the same. This review from the fabulous Fannie's Room hit the nail on the head: http://fanniesroom.blogspot.com/2009/11/from-buffy-to-bella-review-of-new-moon.html

astoriaAnn said...

Thanks! You have made my aversion to this project (due to its reference alone) fade. Thank you for your disclaimer!

Erin said...

Yeah, I love these mittens. Yours are super cute.

margaux said...

great mittens! I love them!! They are so going in the queue now... and I'm such a Twilight junkie but alas i totally get the aversion too!

peaknits said...

Gorgeous - i love them! And I must confess, I am a Twihard...bad. I am so ashamed.

weezalana said...

Very cute and snuggly! And I mean that in a non-super-cheesy-badly-acted-movie kind of way.

earthchick said...

These are so great. LOVE them. Love the color you chose, though frankly I'm surprised they aren't purple. ;) I keep meaning to make some of these myself but I, too, have lost all proportion in my knitting and seem only to be working on bigger projects. I need to get back to accessories!

rachel said...

Love the photo shoot. It's hard to photograph mittens so they look natural.

Colour is gorgeous too. I've thought of doing these mitts, maybe I'll make them as a gift this xmas.

Lolly said...

they turned out so well - so squishy and warm. lovely work :)

mary jane said...

sweet mitts! nice pics!
happy new year!