Saturday, August 05, 2006

Faith: Restored!


After last's week post of pessimism and negativity, the wheel of fortune has taken an upswing and I am back on a knitting high. Just after swearing off big projects to my LYS owner, my faith has been restored by a little pattern known to many as the Green Gable. Why am I so inspired by the Green Gable? There are many things to love about it, mainly the fact that it is worked in the round from the top down, hence no evil seaming scenario. It has an interesting, easy lace pattern that is done at the beginning, thereby keeping it interesting. When you're done with the lace pattern, it's just smooth sailing on the good ship stockinette and you can try it on as you go. Loving it! There's also a helpful KAL where everyone is nice and non-judgemental. It's so fun to do a pattern and have a way to avail yourself of others' expertise. I'm doing the Green Gable in Valley Yarn's Longmeadow, a perfect dk weight yarn that has the consumer friendly nice price of 3 and some odd change. Even cheaper if you buy enough to get the Webs discount...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That patterns is just darling.

Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

I am afraid you are going to think I am "stalking" your projects. That green gable top is really pretty. I love the colour you've chosen. It's definitely on "the list" ;-D.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are off to a good start with your green gable. Love the green that you chose : )

Lone Knitter said...

No seaming??? Maybe I should try it! I have to admit that my fear of sweaters and non-sock knits is that seaming thing! I just used the mattress stitch today on baby booties and I almost died. Your new project looks beautiful!

Lone Knitter said...

p.s. Thought you might be interested in the Mystery Sock KAL. The gist is: you find a sock pattern with no picture and knit it up by Thanksgiving. Sign ups end on Aug 14. The blog address is: http://mysterysock.blogspot.com