Thursday, January 14, 2010

Stangers with (Arm) Candy*

Arm Candy by Amy StashKnitRepeat
If you are looking for a quick knit with a maximum hubba hubba factor, look no further than ARM CANDY.
Specs: Arm Candy by Amy Herzog (Stash Knit Repeat)
Yarn: Valley Yarns Colrain in Grape Jelly, 8 skeins
Needles: size 7
For: My mom.
Mods: The only mod I did was to pick up the sleeves and knit them in the round. I am still looking for that missing entity, you know, that magical object that will make my life complete, i.e. THE PERFECT BUTTON. Once located, I will crow about it.
Arm Candy by Amy StashKnitRepeat
This was a very fast knit: the pattern is intuitive and expertly written, the sizing options are out of this world, and the finished sweater is a winner. There are several shaping options: I went with shaping in the back but not the front. Teen thing is modeling it here and it looks very drapey on her slight frame, but a larger gal would fill this out for some serious va-va-voom.
Arm Candy by Amy StashKnitRepeat
I have yet to meet a Valley Yarn I didn't like, and Colrain is not exception. It far exceeds my initial expectations, as far as I'm concerned. It sells for the nice price, is super versatile, and is silky and sheeny yet not disco. That is totally my new motto btw. Amy was a love to let me test knit this for her. Thanks!
Saroyan in Malabrigo Twist 'Tuareg'
Next up for me is a Ravelry viral hit: Saroyan. I'm breaking into my precious, newly acquired stash of Malabrigo Twist in Tuareg and I am here to tell you that it is unreal and is basically making the regular Malabrigo feel like sand paper. Yeah, it's THAT soft.

*Thought I'd sneak a little Jeri Blank in the title because well, I love her. FANDANGO.

12 comments:

melissa said...

i got something to sayyyy...

you should just come to webs and see the valley yarns in person! ;)

happy birthday!

Katie K said...

Watch out for the Malibrigo Twist. It pills like crazy which is heartbreaking.

kim said...

Okay, first, Happy Belated Birthday!

Second, I'm so glad you reviewed the Malabrigo Twist cuz I've only seen it online, and it *looked* liked Cascade 220. But now, well, I'll be buying a batch of that mothuh right up.

Great knits per usual.

Kim said...

Arm Candy is sweet! Will be adding that to my everg rowing queue.

Ashley said...

Ooh, yer ma's going to love it. Looks fantastic!

Alison said...

"sheeny yet not disco" hehe! Love it!

Knittymuggins said...

Lovely sweater! I have that one in my faves and after hearing your high praises, it may have to make its way into my queue now.

Wow, that must be some serious soft if it makes regular Mal feel like sandpaper! I like that Saroyan pattern too. Can't wait to see yours when finished!


knittymuggins

Anonymous said...

gosh that is one cute sweater! And that color is just fab.

a friend to knit with said...

i want that sweater... i would love to wear it layered! and if i make it... i can wear it to knitone and when you come... you will be SURE TO SPOT ME!
when in the world are you coming????

April said...

Love it! Both of those are in my Ravelry que, I thought the sweater looked fabulous in her pattern and can't wait to make it.

grumperina said...

I can't wait to try the new Malabrigo. It's so soft, and I love the way all the plies look.

Sourire11 said...

Wait what? Softer than regular Mmmmalabrigo? I've got to get some of that STAT.