Sunday, February 18, 2007

Children's Yoke Sweater




This sweater was a low cognitive demand project (got that phrase from a hilarious knitblogger here) that I managed to finish in two weekends, despite the interference of work, children, housework and people generally getting on my nerves with various needs and demands (see first two in list). After a brief jaunt to the local mall earlier today (don't be jealous, it sucks and doesn't even have an Orange Julius. Yeah, it's bush league) with my elder daughter who needed to get a birthday present for a friend, I sat down and completed the yoke of the sweater. All that remains is the odious weaving in of underarm strands, and I'll be done and ready to file this project under 'baby shower gifts that seem nice unless you look really closely'.

The sweater is officially a stash-buster as no yarn was purchased in the creation of this garment. Here are the professional knit blog specs:

Pattern: Elizabeth Zimmermann's Children's Yoke Sweater, Knitting Around

Yarn: Cascade 220, random discontinued colors (yeah, that's what happens when they stay in your stash over 3 years...)

Needles: Addi Turbo 8 (16 and 24 inches)

Elizabeth Zimmermann will do you right, every time.

11 comments:

Amanda said...

Very cute sweater!!! Did a great job on it.

Lone Knitter said...

The sweater is cute--a great stash-busting project. I'm thinking of taking on a big project with my left-over sock-yarn, but I don't think I'm quite ready for a sweater yet.

Unknown said...

I love that sweater. I love EZ. Last summer, I got her Knitter's Almanac and it has become one of my favorite books to just open up and read.

Good for you on the stash busting!

schrodinger said...

Adorable sweater!

WonderMike said...

Great Colors and a beautiful FO. EZ would be very proud!!! I totally worship at both of your thrones. :-)

YawnOver said...

Cute sweater - you are totally rocking the colorwork!

YawnOver said...

PS Ran the jewelry box idea by the boys and got two thumbs down :( lol. It's the story of my life in a houseful of testosterone, *sigh*

Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

Love the colours you've chosen for your sweater… very cute indeed

knittingphilistine said...

Hey there! Thanks so much for the comment you left about my soap! And yes! I am a product of Athens, and so, naturally I love the Macha boys. Didn't Kai also work at the Grit for a long time too?

All this talk of The Grit... and Macha boys...damn, now I'm homesick.

Beautiful lil' sweater you just finished, too!

Unknown said...

I love it! Want to do it for my future baby!

interneta veikals 1a.lv said...

That sweater is soooo cute :))