Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Muckle Mitts!

Muckle Mitts for Nova
Thanks to all for tolerating my brief foray into merchandising. If you are still itching to acquire more stash, just click HERE and HERE. Ahem.

Several weeks ago I participated in a swap (the one that brought the aforementioned quilt as well as this unbelievable doll my way. Yes, a doll, Go look at it!). Now sometimes swaps give me the shakes and fill me with dread and fear, but with certain people you know it's just always going to be a complete gas. Case in point: Muckle Mitts!
Muckle Mitts for Nova
Specs:
Pattern: Muckle Mitts by Mary Jane Mucklestone
For: My all-around stellar pal Nova, seen modeling them here. Ain't she sweet?
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpaca Mélange in Chili Pepper, Cornflower and a touch of Blue Earth.
Needles: Size 3 and 4s
Mods: Not a one
Muckle Mitts for Nova
As you might know I am gaga for color work, and this pattern definitely scratches that particular itch in a big way. So many combinations! Each one completely different! Just take a gander at the Ravelry project page and you'll see what I mean.

Fingerless gloves are such a curious garment--they are perfect for about 3.5 months out of the year. When you need them, they do the trick. When it's freezing/balmy/humid/frigid, they are the most pointless hand knit with only the lowly poncho being more needless.
Muckle Mitts for Nova
Chances are you have the yarn for this already just laying around, any sport weight will do. This is also--and I know I am prone to exaggeration--a maximum two nights worth of knitting. It is guaranteed to speed by and definitely has GIFT KNITTING written all over it.

13 comments:

gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Love these. You got me with the 2 nights worth bit.

Nic said...

I love those and I am desperate to try colour work but two nights? Really? Even for a kack-handed knitter like me?

Caffeine Girl said...

Those are some of the cutest mitts I've seen. Definitely need to knit up a pair.

nicole said...

Not sure these qualify as good for gift knitting. They're just too nice for this greedy girl to give away. LOVE the colour combo!

Anonymous said...

Those are nice. I don't do too well with intarsia knitting. Nice job!

LOL Elo Boost said...

Even though there are several difficulty settings I can't help but also notice the clear lack of level variety. There are only 3 levels, each difficulty has one level tied to it which means you once again soon tire of the same landscapes and dull tracks. This coupled with the clear lack of diversity in towers means that you will be losing interest in Bloons Tower Defense 2 almost as fast as you did the first game.
Buy LOL Account

Cheap League of Legends Elo Boost

Thelderscrollsgold said...

Conflict CrimesWe knew, commencing Warlords regarding Draenor, which in turn Garrosh Hellscream could be escaping demonstration, for some reason. We all realized that they would likely weasel his another option in the circumstances, whether about the trial on it's own, or just steering clear of coming from jail once their word have already been transported.
Teso gold
Buy eso gold

Fifa14.vipmmobank said...

Anyway, this is a short and incredibly epic piece that apparently takes place when your character is being knighted. I could totally see a movie trailer using this as its theme -- that's how emotionally powerful it is.3.Supreme ChampionsWhen is the cello not awesome? C'mon. However, it's kind of an odd pick for an action piece, a piece that gets even more odd as it progresses. There's a hint of darkness and of industrial noise in here, but altogether it's pretty memorable.
Buy fifa world coins

Cheap fifa world coins

teeth implants said...

I miss Winter

Unknown said...

I absolutely admired every bit of it and i additionally accept you book apparent to analysis out fresh things in your site.
Oral hygiene

sülearvuti said...

You made a very good website. I see a lot of people are going to visit on the Internet, but also to visit learning.

Elly said...

Lovely colours!

Ponting said...

Nice info and thanks to share with us.